What Is a Nasal Obstruction?
Nasal Airway obstruction, also known as a congested or blocked nose, can dramatically impact the quantity and quality of the air you breathe in.
Nasal Obstruction Problems
This lower volume of air may lead to:
- Chronic nasal congestion, or stuffiness
- Persistent nasal blockage or obstruction
- Difficulty breathing through nose
- Difficulty sleeping, snoring, and fatigue
- Inability to get enough air during activities
What Causes Nasal Obstructions?
Nasal Airway Obstruction
The Septum, Lateral Wall, and Turbinates form a triangular area known as the Nasal Valve. If any of these tissues enlarge, nasal airway size is reduced, causing lower airflow.
- The Septum is the narrow ridge of bone and tissue between the two nostrils.
- The Turbinates are fingers of tissue that direct and warm air as it enters the nasal cavity.
- The Lateral Wall is the side tissue that forms the outer wall of the nose.
What Is Nasal Airway Remodeling?
Millions of people suffer from nasal airway obstruction, which limits airflow through the nose. Until now, your only options were medications or breathing strips that offer temporary relief, and surgeries that are invasive, painful, and often have a long recovery period. Vivaer Airway Remodeling is a new, non-invasive treatment that can be performed in the Southern ENT Specialists office to help you breathe more easily.
Am I A Candidate?
Want to know if nasal airway remodeling might be the solution for you? A simple evaluation from Dr. French can find out. Contact Dr. Courtney French and his team at Southern ENT Specialists today and request a consultation. We take most insurances and will get you in quickly.