To our valued family of patients at Southern ENT Specialists:
As a nation and as a community, we are continuing to battle the Coronavirus Pandemic. As you are no doubt aware, there is great variation in the incidence of Covid 19 infections in different parts of the country. In light of this, CMS and CDC guidelines recommend implementing a phased approach to re-opening clinics for non-Covid conditions with additional safety protocols in place for patients and staff. Continued monitoring of the incidence of Covid 19, and efforts to conserve personal protective equipment may require adjustments to scheduling based on changing conditions.
Here at Southern ENT, we plan to initiate Phase I reopening in which we will see all Non-Covid 19 conditions starting May 4. To keep everyone safe, we will implement the following protocols based on national recommendations:
1) All patients will be required to wear their own mask or other facial covering upon entering the clinic to protect other patients and staff. We do not have adequate supply to provide these, so it is important to bring your own. Cloth coverings or bandannas covering the nose and mouth will work if you do not have a surgical type mask.
2) All staff will be required to wear surgical masks in clinic.
3) All patients and staff will be symptom screened prior to and at arrival. If symptoms of potential Covid19 infection are present, the visit will be changed to telehealth and testing will be ordered as needed.
4) We will keep appointment times separated as much as possible to minimize exposure to other individuals. It is important to arrive on time to prevent overlapping with other patients’ times and minimize contact.
5) Each room and common areas will continue to be sanitized according to CDC guidelines and HEPA filters are installed in all suction carts.
6) We will reopen elective surgeries in accordance the policies of the American College of Surgeons and Northside Hospital. If you have surgery scheduled, our staff will reach out to you as we get more information and updates on these guidelines.
Thank you for your understanding as we all work together to navigate this crisis and provide care in the safest manner possible. Please continue to monitor our website for updates as conditions continue to change.
As always, stay safe!!
Click edit button to change this text.